This was sent to me by Julian Alvarez at http://www.irit.fr and is worth sharing…
Whosegame by Orange launches its 1st international competition for Serious Games. A challenge for anyone who wants to try their hand at devising and creating Serious Games!
The Serious Games competition is open to students and individual participants from all countries, and runs from December 8th 2008 to March 31st 2009.
How to enter?
1 – Choose one of three topics:
– Improving one’s knowledge of telecommunications
– Being an eco-citizen with the help of telecommunication technologies
– Acting against isolation and exclusion thanks to telecommunications
2 – Register to the competition on the website www.whosegame.com
3 – Upload your thematic Serious Game in Flash format before midnight on March 31st 2009
All the Serious Games will be put online as from April 1st 2009 on www.whosegame.com. Until April 15th 2009, Internet users will get a chance to vote for their favourite Serious Game in each category.
At the same time, the Whosegame jury will be selecting the 3 best Serious Games.
What can you win?
– A prize (5 000, 2 500 or 1 000€ worth of gift checks in local currency for the jury prizes, and 500€ for those that attracted the most votes from Internet users)
– A visibility for your creation
– Becoming a member of Whosegame creators’ community
For more details, go to the www.whosegame.com website where you’ll find the competition rules and additional information.