You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘london’ tag.
Description (from the organiser)….
The Game Based Learning Conference is the only event of its kind currently in existence that deals with all aspects of games in learning.
The huge surge of interest amongst education professionals, game companies, learners, employers, parents, public sector agencies and technology providers over the last 5 years has been demonstrated by the overwhelming success of the gaming strands in the Handheld Learning Conference.
Game Based Learning builds on this success whilst providing more depth by creating stimulating, challenging and provocative dialogue spaces at the intersection between the education, gaming, social media and consumer electronics sectors. Here, policy makers, thought leaders, innovators and key practitioners meet to exchange ideas, knowledge and experiences as part of a unique ongoing conversation.
* Tom Watson, MP, UK Cabinet Minister for Transformational Government
* Nolan Bushnell, Founder of Atari, father of the video game industry
* Alice Taylor, Commissioning Editor, Education, Channel 4
* Dr Richard Graham, Clinical Director of Adolescent Directorate, Tavistock Centre
* Marco Minoli, Director, Slitherine
* Sean Dromgoole, CEO, Some Research & GameVision
* Derek Robertson, Learning & Teaching Scotland
* Terry Deary, Author, Horrible Histories
The focus of this vital exploration is the impact that commercial off the shelf video games, “serious” games, virtual worlds and social networks are having on new learning and teaching practice in and out of formal education environments.
Game Based Learning 2009 will:
* Examine practical examples of how games and other entertainment software are being embraced in schools, universities and other establishments.
* Present and discuss latest market data, trends and behaviors.
* Debate the implications of video game and Internet rating systems in the context of learning and teaching.
* Provide valuable social and networking opportunities for all delegates.
* Create, capture and make available unique reference material for the interactive entertainment industry, policy makers, education professionals and the public.
Message from Martine Parry, the organiser of ASG 08….
Hi Guys, the third Apply Serious Games conference is running on 10th July in London (part of Visual Web Convention) Early Bird ends 15th June – AND exclusive offer is 20% discount for few remaining places. Go to www.viswebconvention.com/pages/DelegateBooking.htm and code is TWENTY to claim the discount through registration link. There are 40+ speakers so check it out and spread the word!
I’ve been invited to take part in this event (for the third year running) and will be delivering a 20 minute session as part of the following panel session
“The Learning Revolution”
Chaired by Donald Clark”. Speakers include:
- Kevin McNulty, Coole Immersive
- Kevin Corti, PIXELearning
- Paul Miller, School of Everything
- John Nordliner, Program Manager, Microsoft Research joins the speakers on the panel.
What direction is learning taking? What do ALL learning suppliers, consumers and fund-holders need to know about immersion, engagement & web 2.0? The mashup HAS truly arrived and its presence is even being felt behind the firewall!
Learn more at: http://www.applyseriousgames.com/pages/programme.htm